Protein Shakes to lose weight- A primary ingredient of a healthy diet and lifestyle is protein. Protein has been scientifically proven to be a significant factor in weight loss and getting into shape. It is an essential nutrient for weight loss.
Taking protein shakes is one of the easiest ways to include protein in your diet. This is why most people find it convenient to add in their diet protein shakes for weight loss.
You may think of protein shakes as an ordinary protein powder put inside water, but that’s not it! Instead, we are challenging the traditional “protein shake” idea and sharing five amazing protein-packed recipes that taste as great as they are healthy for you.
To include the protein weight loss supplement in your diet, taking protein shakes is very convenient. Protein shakes help you to meet your daily protein requirements. Protein shakes are easy to make.
Some people buy protein powder and mix it with water and some other ingredients to have their shakes. You can buy a quality protein powder to have your protein shakes at home.
Apart from fruits, some people add protein powder to their smoothies. Some of the popular protein powder brands available in the market are whey protein, casein protein, soy protein, hemp protein, rice protein, and pea protein.
It’s perfect when you are late because there is no need for a blender! Pour all your ingredients into a blender bottle (<$10) and shake for a smoothie on the go. Breakfast, coffee, and workout all in one (via Blender Bottle)
Well, we have got plenty more protein shake recipes to choose from, but why not experiment and try to create your own too?
Just follow these easy formulas to create your own healthy and delicious protein shake recipes that will help you hit your weight loss goals.
Why You Should Take Protein Shakes for Weight Loss
1. Protein Shakes Decrease Hunger and Appetite
Dieticians often recommend the inclusion of protein powder supplements in people’s diets to have rapid weight loss.
This is because the consumption of protein increases levels of hormones that reduce appetite and decreases levels of hormones that make you hungry.
When this happens, you reduce calorie intake and lose weight. Proteins contained in protein shake also helps to keep you full for a long time. This decreases hunger and appetite to consume a lot.
This reduces your calorie intake and consequently leads to weight loss if you’re trying to lose weight, 20 grams per shake sufficient to alleviate hunger.
2. Protein Shakes Increase Body Metabolism Rate
High protein intake can boost your metabolism. This will help you burn slightly more calories each day.
When working out to lose weight, it is good to include protein in your diet because it helps to build muscles. It burns a lot of the calories in your body and gives you healthy, strong muscles.
Protein helps in boosting metabolism because of the amount of energy used during its digestion and metabolism. It also aids muscle building and this burns more calories than fat.
For instance, 15-30% of protein calories are burned during digestion, while only 5-10% of carb calories and 0-3% of fat calories are burned during digestion.
3. Protein Shakes Increase Your Daily Protein Intake
Protein is an essential ingredient in your diet for quick weight loss. A convenient way to increase your intake of protein is by adding protein shakes to your diet. This can help boost fat loss.
4. Muscle Burns Calories and Protein Builds Muscle
Protein helps to build muscle, and the bigger your muscles, the more calories your body can burn. When you consume more protein, your body has what it takes to develop strong muscles. Taking protein shakes will make you blast away excess fat as you build muscles.
5. Protein Shakes Prevents Weight Regain
The effect proteins have on your appetite hormones, body metabolism, and muscle mass may prevent you from regaining the fat you’ve tried so hard to lose. So, even if you’ve achieved your weight loss goals, taking protein shakes will keep you in shape.
6. Protein Shakes Aid The Slimming Process
Proteins are rich in amino acids like Leucine. These amino acids incite the oxidation of fatty acid and burn calories.
When you include protein shakes in your diet, achieving a slim waistline is much easier, even if you occasionally skip gym sessions.
7. Protein Shakes Can Replace Carbs
Protein can be an option for carbs to help you lose weight. Although carbohydrates give you an immediate energy boost, protein takes time to digest before energy is released.
The fact that proteins burn out slowly helps a lot in losing body fat.
Slow digestion of proteins also helps you in your exercise plans. If you drink a protein shake a few hours before your workout, you will not have cravings for carbohydrates during and after your workout session.
Tips For Adding Protein Shakes to Your Diet
- Choose The Perfect Taste: To add protein shakes to your diets for weight loss, the first step is to know the taste that is good for you. To commit to a protein shake routine, you have to like what you are drinking.
- Use 20 – 30 grams of protein and around 25 grams of fiber mixed in water.
- Take a maximum of 2 protein shakes daily.
- Replace regular high-calorie meals with a cup of protein shake once or twice every day.
- Eat low-calorie foods and nutrient-dense foods in between the protein shake meals.
How to Take Protein Shakes for Weight Loss
You can include protein shakes to your diet in different ways. You have several options. These are:
- Meal replacement
- As a snack
- First thing in the morning
- Before bed
Note: While Protein shakes aid weight loss, Consuming too much can still lead to excess calories. Also, some protein shakes contain sugar and other flavorings to make them taste better.
Some of these can be the equivalent of eating a chocolate bar for lunch. It’s these additives that lead to weight gain. To include protein shakes in your diet, you should consult a dietitian to know how to use protein shakes for weight loss.
5 Delicious Homemade Protein Shakes
Here is the list of protein shakes to lose weight with which you will lose pounds in a short while.
1. Peanut Butter Protein Shake
This is yet another simple-to-make homemade protein shakes for weight loss. With this recipe, you will make your nutty, creamy, and delicious fat-burning protein shake. It doesn’t have added sugar or flavors. It is rich in fiber and low in fat.
- Almond milk
- Peanut butter
- Green grapes
- Put 1 cup of yogurt, half a cup almond milk, 1 to 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and 15-20 green grapes in a blender and blend.
- Refrigerate and enjoy chilled.
2. Spinach Flax Protein Shake
- Almond milk
- Spinach leaves
- Mango Chunks
- Pineapple bits
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Mix 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any kind), 1/2 cup mango chunks, spinach leaves, 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cup pineapple bits, 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
3. Chocolate and Banana Protein Shake
A blend of chocolate and bananas gives a very delicious taste. This recipe contains quinoa, which has high amino acids and is an excellent source of plant-based complete protein.
- Cooked quinoa
- Banana chunks
- Cocoa powder
- Put 10 almonds, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of yogurt, 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa, 3/4 cup milk, 1 banana cut into chunks, and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder in a blender.
- Blend and enjoy.
4. Raspberry Peanut Butter Banana Shake
This healthy recipe is great, as it packed with a lot of healthy ingredients. It has antioxidants, protein, calcium, and iron. It is undoubtedly one of the tasty protein shakes for weight loss you should add to your menu list.
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1/8 cup of Almond Butter
- 1 cup of almond milk
- A cup of water
- Put all the ingredients except water in a blender
- Blend to form a smooth shake.
- Add water ( if too thick) to adjust the thickness and pulse for a couple of seconds.
- Serve chilled and enjoy.
5. Mango Banana Shake
The ripe mangoes blend fabulously with bananas and almond milk, yielding a creamy protein shake.
Add a handful of crushed ice for a mouthwatering cold shake. Choose semi-ripe mangoes that are not overly sweet to cut down on the calories.
- 1/2 cup of diced mangoes
- 1 Banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Refrigerate and enjoy chilled
These protein shakes to lose weight are relatively stress-free to make. The recipes above can be done at home in less than 30 minutes.
Unlike liquid shakes bought in stores, they do not contain added sugar that might make you gain weight.