If you’re new to the keto meal plan for weight loss, you need to read this post to the end. And if you’ve started your ketogenic plan, keep reading for some fantastic dietary facts you may not have heard about the ketogenic diet.
Let’s Know More About the Keto Meal Plan
The ketogenic diet is trending in the world at the moment as one of the healthiest weight loss plans.
This meal plan curbs the leading cause of fat build-up in the body, especially for the diet-induced body weight. A seemingly generally known fact about weight gain is that our diet may cause it, right?
High consumption of carbs, which is calorie-dense, causes weight gain.
The keto diet mandates you to eat more of foods that are high in protein and healthy fat and are very low in carbs. This mode of nutrition forces your body into a natural state called ketosis.
What Is Ketosis?
Ketosis is a metabolic process in the body that helps us survive when the intake of carbs ( which is the energy giving food) low.
Instead of the body relying on carbs to produce glucose, the accumulated body fat becomes the focus.
During ketosis, the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy and fuel throughout the body, including the brain.
These ketones you provide are as a result of the minimum consumption of carbs and a moderate amount of protein. On the keto diet, your body relies on your accumulated body fat to produce energy.
Not only the process of ketosis induces weight loss, but it also has some other health benefits. Some of the health improvements a low-carb diet like the ketogenic diet may include the following:
- Reduction of insulin levels
- Lowers blood sugar and maybe a way of managing type 2 diabetes
- Regulation of blood pressure
- Lowers triglycerides
- It helps to maintain a healthy balance of the High-density lipoprotein (HDL- good cholesterol) and Low-density lipoprotein (LDL-bad cholesterol) in the body.
- Low carb diets also support heart health.
Ketogenic Diet Rules
It may seem quite easy thinking that all you need to do is to reduce your carbs intake. Yes, it is, but there’s more to that.
You have to be conscious of some basic ketogenic dietary rules to guide your meal plans. So, let’s see, what are the dos and don’ts of the keto meal plan?
The golden rule of the keto meal plan is “minimal carbs consumption.” The ketogenic diet plan makes you eat less by naturally suppressing your appetite.
But to get the best of the keto meal plan for weight loss, you need to know what to do and what to remember to do for optimal effectiveness.
First, if you’re used to diets high in carbs and calories, you must be ready to cut back on that. Carbs are indeed broken down into glucose for energizing the body.
But with the keto diet plan, only 10% of your energy has to be sourced from carbs, 15-25% from protein and 70% and above from healthy fat.
Now, the big question! What are the best sources of protein and healthy fat recommended for keto dieters?
Below is a list of what you can eat and what you have to avoid to be a keto pro.
List of Foods on the Keto Meal Plan
- Cheese (especially hard cheese)
- Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Bell peppers
- Nut butter
- Green beans
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Cottage Cheese
- Seeds: Chia seeds, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, and so on
List of Foods to Avoid
- Artificial sweeteners
- Alcoholic, sweet beverages
- Fruits high in sugar and carbs (mangoes, apples, oranges, grapes, papaya, dried fruits)
I could guess what is on your mind right now. Virtually all the things you love to eat are on the blacklist.
Getting started with your keto diet has just been made simple in this post.
7 Days Keto Meal Plan For Weight Loss
Breakfast: Avocado & Egg Fat Bombs, Deviled Eggs
Lunch: Grilled chicken with a serving of seasonal salad
Dinner: Baked salmon with a nut crust served with baked cauliflower
Breakfast: Keto Pancakes with Berries and Whipped Cream
Lunch: Crispy Skin Salmon with Cauliflower Rice
Dinner: Zucchini Pasta with Chicken and Pistachios
Breakfast: Keto Berry Mug Cake
Lunch: Naked burger with raw kale slaw
Dinner: Superfood Meatballs and Keto Creamed Spinach
Breakfast: Smoked salmon dished with leafy greens and smashed avocado
Lunch: Keto Chicken Sandwich Recipe with Toasted Grain-Free Bread
Dinner: Slow-cooked pulled beef with a serving of rainbow slaw and baked brussels sprouts
Breakfast: Omelette with mushroom serving and spinach cooked in coconut oil
Lunch: White Turkey Chili with 2 cups mixed leafy greens with 1 tbsp olive oil
Dinner: Skinned salmon served with zucchini noodle pesto
Breakfast: Poached eggs, sautéed greens cooked in coconut oil
Lunch: Grilled chicken breast served with avocado and seasonal greens
Dinner: Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Breakfast: Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Lunch: Zucchini noodle and salmon salad served with avocado dressing
Dinner: Middle Eastern chicken rissoles with seasonal greens
Voila! There you go! You don’t have to keep an endless thought on what to eat. That is a perfect 7-day plan that has healthy keto meal recipes lined out for you.
Yes! Before I forget, there are also keto snacks and dessert options for you.
Some of the healthy meals for your keto weight loss diet include low carb protein shakes, bone broth, boiled eggs, nuts, kale chips, and many more.
Check here for more delicious and straightforward keto snacks recipes.
And dessert! You can’t get enough of the tasty low-carb keto desserts recipes you can take. There are recipes for keto ice cream, mug cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and bars. So, you see?
You don’t have to run away from this fun diet plan to lose weight.
Before you quit reading, take home some useful tricks that will help you maximize your weight loss goals when you are on a keto diet.
Useful Tips to Make Easy The Keto Journey
1. Get rid of carbohydrates in your kitchen, fridge, and pantry. Try to fill up your home with only keto foods, which will leave you no other option than to take them.
You are likely to grab a bottle of soda just because it is there lying in your refrigerator.
2. Always make your keto snacks handy. One of the simple tricks to overcome the temptation of snacking on other calorie-dense meals is still to keep your keto snacks close.
3. Drink a lot of water and keep up your hydration game. The water therapy for weight loss is no new trendy weight loss trick. Taking a lot of water will aid your keto diet.
You can increase your water intake with some ketogenic drink recipes for weight loss
4. Still on liquid drinks! You must use quite beverages, soda, and other processed juice that will kick you out of ketosis.
5. Don’t skip your workout sessions. The fact that the keto diet plan will help you lose weight naturally doesn’t mean you have to quit doing exercises.
Don’t forget that an inactive lifestyle or lack of physical activity also causes weight gain. So, you have to complement your weight loss diet with regular exercise.
6. Sleep well and avoid unnecessary stress to enhance hormonal balance and, consequently, weight loss.
7. Quit eating your regular snacks
8. Don’t ever get tired of learning about new recipes for your keto meals, drinks, dessert, and snacks. It helps to sustain the fun and excitement that you have varieties.
9. Try to have a “keto mentor or role model.” You would do well for yourself if you associate with someone that the keto diet plan has worked for.
Also, keeping a constant chat with such persons will help immensely in sustaining your interest in the diet plan.
Don’t just know about the keto diet; it is time to use it to realize your weight loss dreams. It may seem strenuous to do at first, but it gets smoother along the line.
But, don’t ever be discouraged so much so that you feel you have to back out.
Always keep in mind the reason you started the diet in the first place. And what is that purpose? WEIGHT LOSS! Until that purpose is fulfilled, you keep on riding.