Getting an attractive butt doesn’t come with a huge price. With the best glute exercises at home, you can have your buttocks looking super round, firm and sexy.
What looks more attractive than a round and firm booty in a bikini? Hey darling, nothing does. Don’t think the sexy model magazine booty is only for celebrities, you sure can have that too. And guess what?
A tight and well-toned booty surely boosts your confidence level to 100% to rock your bikini. Apart from your nice butt shape, strong glutes have a way of helping your build-up.
Well-toned and strong glute muscles make it easier to perform some explosive movements like jumping and sprinting.
A strong butt can also help relieve low-back pain and make everyday movements—like standing and climbing stairs—that much easier.
But how do you get stronger butts with exercises? Keep scrolling to see a list of 5 best glutes exercises at home that can make your butts firm, stronger and look bigger.
Add them to your weekly routine and before you know it, your butts would have undergone the magical transformation.
Are you ready for this? If yes, let’s dig in! Hey, wait! I think there is something I’m yet to tell you. You might need to get yourself a pair of dumbbells or kettlebells for these glutes exercise.
Also, a gym membership is not a must-do. All these moves are easy to do right in your home. Get your workout gear and let’s do this! deadlifts, side skaters
Squat exercises are amazing bodyweight moves that help to tone your butt. The squat exercise is good for strengthening the lower body and overall glutes.
While working on the muscles of the lower limb, this move also molds your booty into a sexy round shape that every man would fall for.
There are numerous variations of this butt exercise but here are a few ones that would be great.
A. Basic Squat
- Start in a standing position, leaving space between your feet
- Clasp your hand in front of the chest and bend your elbows slightly
- Pushing your hips back, bend and lower your body into a squat position
- Pause at the bottom, then go back to the starting position
- Do 2-3 sets with 15 repetitions each
B. Body Weight Squat With Knee Press Out
- Put a resistance band above your knees.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Stretch your arms forward making them parallel to the floor
- Bend your knees, push your hips back and lower into a squat position while resisting the band
- Pause at the bottom for two seconds. Then go back to the starting position
- Do 15 reps.
C. Sumo Squat
- Stand with your heels shoulder-distance apart, then turn your toes open slightly
- Hold a dumbbell in front of your hips
- Bend your knees, push your hips back, and lower down into a squat
- Bend until your hips are slightly below the level of your knees
- Pause at the bottom for two seconds then get back into your starting position. That’s one rep
- Do 20 reps.
D. Oblique Squat
- Place hands on head and make sure your elbows are pointing out
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart
- Lower yourself into a squat position
- Get back into the standing position and lift the left leg higher than hip level while crunching side so the left elbow taps the left knee
- Return to start, and repeat on the other side. That’s one rep
- Do 20 reps
Lunges will always remain the best glute exercises at home you can do every morning. This move targets the major muscles of your legs and hips and glutes.
You can do your lunge exercises with weights or simply use your body weight.
So, how can you do your lunges? It’s simply a big step either forward, backward or to the side. You can do them holding weights or just using your bodyweight.
There are various styles of lunges that will help tone your glutes and give you a rounded butt. Let’s see some of the lunge styles.
A. Basic Lunge
- Straighten your upper body, with your shoulders back and relaxed and chin up
- Move forward with one leg, lower your hips until both knees are bent at about a 90-degree angle.
- Put your front knee directly above your ankle
- Keep the weight in your heels as you push back up to the starting position.
B. Curtsy Lunge With Kick
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart
- Step your left leg diagonally behind your right leg
- Bend your knees to lower into a lunge position
- Pressing on your right heel to stand, and sweep left leg out to side. Move directly into the next rep.
C. Reverse Lunge
- Start in a standing position with your feet about shoulder-width apart
- Step backward with your left foot
- Move into a lunge position bending your knees and forming two 90-degree angles with your legs
- Return to standing and repeat with your opposite leg
- Do 15-20 reps
D. Side Lunge Shift
- Standing straight, move your right foot to the side
- Push your hips backward and bend your right knee to lower into a side lunge
- Bending low, move to the other side making your left knee is bent, and right leg is straight
- Keep your feet wide and shift side to side
E. Walking Lunge
- Step forward with right foot and bend into a lunge
- Step forward with the left foot and get into a lunge on the other side immediately
- Continue to switch sides till you complete 15 reps.
3. Skater Hops
This particular move is not only good for sexy butt, but it is also an exquisite strength and stamina training exercise. So, you can’t afford to miss the bonus point here. You can shake your glutes exercises up with some skater hops if you are tired of squats and lunges.
- Starting at the left of your space, squat slightly then jump to the right as far as you can, leading with and landing on your right foot. Swing your arms across your body to help you jump further.
Land on your right foot and try not to touch your left foot down as you bend your knee (almost into a mini squat).
Jump back across left to land on your left foot. Try to jump as far and as fast as you can while staying balanced.
Move directly into the next rep.
4. Hip Thrust
- Lie on your back facing up
- Bend your knees with feet hip-width apart
- Put your hands on the ground directly under your shoulders and your fingers facing away from your body
- Brace your glutes and lift hips into a table-top position
- Hold this position for 2 seconds and then slowly lower hips back to the ground
- Repeat the “up-and-down” move 15 times
5. Rear Foot Elevated Deadlift
Among the best glute exercises at home is the deadlift. Although there are different types of deadlift moves. But the rear foot elevated deadlift is the one you can always do in the comfort of your home.
You do not need heavy weights or barbells for this variation. Well, you might need a low bench or chair to support your rear leg. That shouldn’t be a problem, right?
- Put your left foot on a low bench
- Keeping your back straight and uncurved, hinge forward at the hips
- Use your glutes and hamstrings to return to an upright position
- That’s one rep. Do 15 reps.
Give yourself the most attractive rear view with no gym stress. With squat, lunge, and other glute exercises at home, you can have your stunning bikini shape.
The best exercises that work your glutes and your lower muscles will give you the round booty you’ve been longing for?
Are you still waiting? Get your buttocks to work now and have them crafted into the shape you want. It’s all you can do right in your living room.