Water Detox Recipes- From the name, we can guess what it means. It is simply using water to detoxify the body– flush out toxins and other harmful substances from the body. Water is an essential part of diet and weight loss plans.
As drinking water helps to lose weight fast, plus this, it tastes delicious. It contains no calories and gives a sensation of fullness in the stomach, so you don’t feel hungry throughout the day.
If you have been thinking of adding detox water to your weight loss plans, the 10 detox water recipes are here for you. They contain fruits that will help you cleanse your body and keep you healthy.
These recipes are easy to do with a few ingredients, and the beautiful thing is you can change the recipes to suit your taste and needs.
You can be sure of instant effect because you will feel better almost immediately, and you will shed those pounds fast!
1. Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
Apple Cinnamon Detox Water is delicious- because of the apples and cinnamon. Hence, it is loaded with nutrients that will keep the body healthy.
The nutrients include antioxidants and phytonutrients, which are found in the apples. These antioxidants and phytonutrients help protect the body from hypertension, cancer threats, heart disease, and diabetes.
The addition of cinnamon helps to improve the nutrients in the detox water.
- 1 Apple- cored and thinly sliced.
- A Cinnamon stick. (Do not use powdered cinnamon for this).
- Put the fruits inside a bottle filled with water.
- Leave it to infuse for some hours. You can also leave it overnight.
2. Blackberry And Orange Detox Water
This blackberry infused detox water features a delicious core of mandarin oranges. Blackberries (ripe ones) are rich in antioxidants, and the orange is rich in fiber, and Vitamin C. Berries contains anthocyanins, which are compounds responsible for detoxification.
Although this detox water tastes somehow sour, it has healing properties that can prevent the body from ulcers and free radicals.
- Add all the ingredients together in a bottle.
- Leave it to infuse.
- Serve chilled for a refreshing taste.
3. Orange, Lemon, Mint Detox Water
Orange, lemon, and mint detox water is one of the water detox recipes suitable for losing belly fat and body weight too. It has as its main ingredients, citrus, which is rich in D-limonene. D-limonene is an antioxidant that is found in the orange peels.
It helps to increase the rate at which the liver works, thereby releasing toxins from the body. It helps to ease digestion and improve bowel movement.
- Orange- washed and thinly sliced
- Lemon- washed and sliced
- Mint leaves
- Add the sliced oranges and lemon into a clean bottle or cup.
- Pour enough water to cover it and leave it to infuse for as long as you want.
- You can put it in your refrigerator overnight.
4. Watermelon Detox Water
Watermelon is a fruit that is highly rich in powerful antioxidants. This is one of the tasty water detox recipes and is highly nutritious. It contains a phytonutrient called lycopene. And lycopene has anti-inflammatory properties and is a high antioxidant as well.
This detox water also contains amino acids that are responsible for the proper circulation of blood and the total health of the body.
- 2 cups of seedless watermelon- peeled and cubed.
- 4 cups of clean water
- Put the cubed watermelon into a bottle, cup, or pitcher.
- Pour in the water.
- Let it sit for some time in the refrigerator before having a taste of this delicious water.
5. Raspberry Orange Detox Water
This water detox recipe uses two ingredients to give out deliciously refreshing and detoxifying water. Raspberries are sweet little fruits and are also packed with body-nourishing nutrients.
Oranges, on the other hand, contain a high amount of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory property. Vitamin C helps to keep the skin young by preventing premature aging and wrinkles.
- A pint of slightly crushed raspberries
- 1 orange- washed and thinly sliced.
- Add all the ingredients into a pitcher and let the fruits infuse into the water.
- Serve chilled to enjoy the refreshing and nutritious drink.
6. Fat Flush Detox Water
Grapefruit helps to boost the body so as to burn fat, cucumbers help to keep the body hydrated because it contains hydrating properties and tangerine, provides the body with citrus needed to burn fat.
7. Strawberry, Lime, Cucumber And Mint Water
This particular one out of the water detox recipes featured in this post is a highly detoxifying drink. Owing to its combination, it helps to rid the body of toxins and other harmful impurities.
Strawberry is a sweet fruit with incredible benefits- one of them is detoxification as needed for this post. Its detoxifying abilities is usually intensified when lime is added to it.
Also, the added cucumber helps to keep the body hydrated, and mint helps to soothe the digestive organs.
8. Aloe Detox Water
Aloe is a plant with various benefits– in fact, its benefits cannot be numbered. When infused in water, it releases nutrients that help to detoxify the body. And when the water is taken internally, it helps to boost energy and relieve stress.
It also helps to improve circulation and the rate of digestion.
- 2 tablespoon of aloe vera plant
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- A cup of clean water
- Add water and lemon juice to the aloe vera gel.
- Pour into the blender and process for a minute or thereabouts.
9. Strawberry Detox Water
Strawberries have been featured in this post alongside other fruits. For this recipe, strawberry, rosemary, and watermelon are combined to make this fat-burning detox water. Strawberries contain minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants needed for weight loss.
This recipe tastes great and will make you feel good throughout the day.
- Strawberries- thinly sliced
- Watermelon- peeled and cubed.
- Combine these ingredients in a pitcher.
- Add water to cover it and,
- Leave to infuse well before you drink.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Soda
Apple Cider Vinegar has many health benefits- for this recipe, it uses lemon to boost its abilities. This detox soda is formulated to help you replace soda with a healthy alternative. Just that this will help you lose weight and in turn, detoxify your body.
- 6 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 quarts of clean water
- juice of 2 lemons
- Stevia to taste.
- Combine the ingredients in a pitcher and leave it to infuse.
- Serve chilled for a more refreshing taste.
Now, you know different water detox recipes, pick the one that you like and start your detox journey now. Have you ever tried any of these recipes before? If yes, share your experience in the comment section.