Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe- This cabbage soup diet is one of the fastest ways to lose weight and usually, it is done for a period of seven days. For these seven days, if this diet is strictly followed, you can lose up to 10 pounds.
The cabbage soup diet works when you stick to the plan of eating only the cabbage soup, proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
The main ingredient of this cabbage soup diet recipe is cabbage which is a low-calorie food that helps the body to burn more calories while digesting it than the calories in the cabbage.
In view of this, it is best to say the more cabbage soup you eat, the faster you will lose weight and the more the weight you will lose.
As effective as this cabbage soup diet is, it is, however, important that you note that this diet should not be continued after the seven days might have gone by. If you want to know how to lose weight with this cabbage soup diet recipe, continue reading!
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 head of cabbage- chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic- minced
- 1 cup of white or yellow onion- diced
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 green bell pepper- diced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 14 oz of can basil, oregano, diced tomatoes and garlic
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- Few dashes of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt- this is optional
- In a large pot over medium heat, pour two tablespoons of olive oil and let it heat up.
- Add celery, bell peppers, carrot and onions and saute until slightly tender.
- Add the garlic, stir and pour in the chicken broth.
- Stir in cabbage and tomatoes and bring the broth to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Leave the cabbage to cook until it is tender then add basil, red pepper flakes, salt (optional) and black pepper.
- Stir well, taste the broth and add more seasoning if needed.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
- 5 carrots- chopped
- 3 onions- chopped
- 1 ounce can of cut green beans- drained and rinsed
- 2 quarts of tomato juice
- 2 16-ounce cans of whole peeled tomatoes with the liquid
- 1 large head of cabbage- chopped
- One 1-ounce envelope of dry onion soup mix
- 2 green bell peppers- diced
- One 14-ounce can of beef broth
- 10 stalks of celery- chopped
- Combine tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, peppers, celery, and onions into a large pot.
- Add tomato juice, beef broth, onion soup mix and water enough to cover the vegetables.
- Bring the content of the pot to a simmer over medium to low heat until the vegetables are cooked and tender.
- When cooked, remove from heat and serve.
Note: You can store this cabbage soup diet in the refrigerator for days.
- 2 green peppers
- 2 large onions
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1 or 2 bouillon cubes
- Vegetable cocktail or 8 cups of water
- Cut all the vegetables into cubes and saute onions in a large cooking pot using little oil.
- Add the vegetables into the pot and pour either vegetable cocktail or water enough to cover the content of the pot.
- Now add the bouillon cubes and other seasonings if desired and bring to a boil.
- When it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and let the vegetables simmer for 45 minutes.
- You can add hot sauce, herbs and other spices (if you are using them).
What To Eat With Your Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe- A 7 Day Plan
The first day of your diet should be just fruits and cabbage soup. You can eat fruits like cantaloupe, melons, and watermelon but not bananas.
Eat vegetables and cabbage soup only on this day. You can have a large baked or boiled potato for breakfast. And at night, you can have cauliflower rice with zucchini toppings, roasted carrots, and bell peppers.
Be careful not to add oil to your meals during the cooking process.
Eat only vegetables except for starchy ones like potatoes and corn. Also, eat fruits except for bananas. You can eat as many fruits as you like but hey, don’t forget your cabbage soup because it is still on the menu.
Eat cabbage soup, bananas and skim milk. This day will help you to cut down on your cravings for sweet things.
You should eat about six to eight tomatoes, proteins like fish, turkey and skinless chicken. Also, you can add rice to your diet on day 5 in addition to your cabbage soup.
You should only eat protein and vegetables on this day. However, you can eat any protein and vegetable of choice but do not eat starchy vegetables. In addition, you can eat up to a cup of rice and as much soup as you want.
As this is the last day of your diet, eat only fruits, vegetables, and finish off with unsweetened fruit juice. You can also have rice with your cabbage soup diet.
Weight loss is now quite easy and effortless. Enjoy your favorite soups with these cabbage soup diet recipes and yet pounds within few days. Have you ever tried any of these recipes? If yes, share your experience in the comment section.