Essential oil diffusers have become important overtime for the acceptance of aromatherapy as a valid area in medicine. Aromatherapy is well-known for its history in the ancient civilizations of Egypt, India, and China as complementary medicine.
In the US, aromatherapy is currently the most influential alternative area of medicine known for physical and psychological health issues ranging from insomnia to depression and other health issues.
Aromatherapy uses a blend of essential oils, which are substances extracted from plants for medical, fragrant and, cosmetic purposes. This is where our best essential oil diffusers come in.
The benefits of essential oil diffusers range from providing fragrance for your home or office, or spa, to putting you in a better mood, to making it easier for you to sleep.
Apart from creating a suitable ambiance for work or relaxation, diffusers for aromatherapy can also be used to repel insects like mosquitoes.
How To Choose An Essential Oil Diffuser
Essential oil diffusers are good, but how do you choose the one to purchase for your home or office? On Amazon, there are over 25,000 options for essential oil diffusers alone.
That leaves you with a big problem, which diffuser do you choose? Which best meets your needs? We provide you with the five best essential oil diffusers from our research. There are about three categories of essential oil diffusers: the ultrasonic, the nebulizing, evaporative.
Generally, ultrasonic essential oil diffusers are often chosen above other kinds for certain reasons. Chief among the reasons is that they make less noise when in operation.
Also, they do not produce heat when in operation. Ultrasonic units use 2.4 million vibrations per second to turn oil and water into a mist.
So, rather than release heat like nebulizing diffusers which inadvertently breaks down the quality of essential oils before release, the ultrasonic essential oil diffusers use the vibrations to turn the oil and water combination to the mist released.
The best essential oil diffusers will have certain vital qualities to make them stand out really in a test for quality. The estimated operating time for aromatherapy diffusers is one important thing.
In other words, the longer it can run without a pause or a glitch, the longer the essential oil diffuser benefits you, the user.
Also, the body quality of essential oil diffusers for aromatherapy is crucial. That is related to its durability, and its beauty as a fixture in your home or office.
These and other related qualities like affordability are logical features to consider for the best essential oil diffusers. The following are our five best essential oil diffusers for aromatherapy:
5 Best Essential Oil Diffusers For Aromatherapy
- 3 in 1 FUNCTION: Aromatherapy Diffuser, Humidifier, Night Light.
- Large 500ml water capacity that can continue use up to 10 hours each time. When time is up or there is no water, it will turn off automatically.
- Adjustable Time Option: Press the “Mist” button, choose the timer from a range of 60 mins, 120 mins, 180 mins or ON.
- The unit may also be used as a non-aromatherapy humidifier.
- Provides moisture to prevent a Cough, Sinus Irritation, Dry Skin.
Note: PLEASE clean it at least once a week.
- 500ml tank
- Adjustable four-mode timer
- Customizable LED lamp
- Suitable for citrus oils
- Automatic halt when the water reservoir is void
- 40 square meter (430 square feet) diffuser range.
- Unclear manual instructions
- UNIQUE AND COMPACT DESIGN. This aroma diffuser is coated with woodgrain
- Easy handling of the cap of the diffuser is easy to take off, you won’t bother to unscrew the cap with great force when your hands are wet. Just gently take off the cap, add water and essential oil, enjoy a high-quality life.
- This aroma diffuser can hold up to 300ml of water and produce up to 30ml of moisture per hour.
- It can run up to 10 hours of continuous output.
- Automatic power-off is when water used up,
- ADJUSTABLE LED LIGHT. You can choose among 7 colors between two modes: steady on/changing color. Each color is adjustable between bright and dim.
- Adjustable Time Option 4-time setting modes:1 hour/3 hours/6 hours/steady on. Note: this is an essential oil diffuser, but you also can use it as a humidifier if you like.
- The soft light a hospitable atmosphere
- The wood grain body gives it a natural feel
- A choice decorative
- Automatic power-off ensures the safety
- Poor manual instructions
- The Aroma Fuse diffuser is made to last with quality materials and a special coating that protects against erosion from the oils, plus a 1-year warranty.
- The diffuser holds 380 ml of water
- Long-term mist settings and three intermittent-mist settings: The intermittent settings are 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off; 15 minutes on and 30 minutes off; or 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off.
- Modern and stylish design
- Runs for about 10 hours
- A special coating that protects it from harsh oils. It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Dimmable LED light
- At 8 inches in diameter, it is still nice and compact.
- Large reservoir capacity
- It has a sleek design that will blend with your home décor.
- Has a special coating to protect the plastic from the oils
- Covers about 500 sq. ft. of space
- Some diffusers come with a bonus set of oils.
- Because of the size of the diffuser, you may need to extra drop of oils compared to other diffusers in this list.
- The diffuser emits only 35 dB of noise
- Three Working Modes: Intermittent Mist (30 seconds on/30 seconds off), Continuous Mist, Lights only.
- Working Time: 7-9 hours in continuous mode, 9-11 hours in intermittent mode.
- 7-Color Changing LED Lights – Can be turned off, set to fade gradually or fixed color of your choice. About the product
- Upgraded to 150ml capacity since 14th Nov 2017, mist lasts much longer. It fills your space with a lovely fragrance that can lift the mood and relieve stress, perfect for masking stubborn smoking and pet odors.
- Oil Diffuser powers off automatically when the water runs out.
- On the intermittent setting, you can get six or more hours of use.
- You can change the color and brightness of the lights, which is just louder than the ticking of a clock.
- It automatically shuts off when the water basin is empty, so you can run the diffuser while you sleep
- The diffuser portable enough to be moved around
- It can also serve as a humidifier.
- The 2nd generation produces more mist than the old version.
- Comfortable air to small bedrooms, hotel rooms, tabletops, and even workplace cubicles
- Please use 100% pure essential oils with no corrosivity, the Ultrasonic aroma essential oil diffuser is safe and does not harm the essential oil of any ingredients
- The outlet shouldn’t be inserted cord that exceeds the maximum voltage. Fight back against dry air.
- Features include 7 color changing lamps for your choice, a nightlight, programmable on/off cycles and auto shut-off.
- Can contain up to 100 ml of water
- Material: PP Hard plastic,
- Time offering: up to 6 hours, with adjustable two mist settings: continuously and intermittently.
- Whisper-quiet operation won’t interfere with your sleep.
- Durable hard plastic body
- Can serve as a humidifier
- Quiet ultrasonic technology
- Automated shut-off feature
- Adjustable lights
- Requires extra amounts of essential oils
- It is not suitable for large rooms.
Our Top Pick
While all of the diffusers on our list are excellent, with their own unique sets of pros and cons; there is one that stands out above the rest.
With the largest tank and longest running time, an undeniably attractive appearance, whisper-quiet operation, and its only real drawback being a larger than average size; the Plant therapy AromaFuse Diffuser has earned our award for the best essential oil diffuser on the market.
The company has an excellent reputation when it comes to essential oils and I’ve purchased many of their products before from their official website, so there was a good chance this one would finally be the one I’d really want to keep.
The AromaFuse checks all of my must-have boxes. Try it out for yourself. We’re sure you’ll agree!
Need To Stock Up On Essential Oils?
When purchasing essential oils, it is imperative to choose 100% pure oils free of additives and adulterants.
Our favorite supplier is Plant Therapy Essential Oils who offer a huge range of high quality, 100% pure oils at affordable prices, with free shipping in the U.S. and free returns for up to 90 days.
Generally, the best Essential Oil Diffusers will help you create the right kind of atmosphere you want in your home, office, spa, car and so on. As far as they go, each comes with an advantage that makes it suitable for your use or for the size of the space to be applied on.
Too much can overwhelm your system, give you a headache, or even cause a reaction if you’re sensitive or allergic to the oil. Because of this, you should take your time to select the one that best fits your use.